I know this isn’t new, but given the fact that the left keeps calling Rush and his fans/listeners/students the fringe, and given the fact that the average daily readers of USA Today, Newsweek and The New York Times (The Whipping Boys Of The Left) totals less than 20 million viewers while Rush pulls in over 20 million listeners on his own… The fringe seems to be the left with the right becoming more center-ish, well let’s just say that I am in man-crush mode with him right now. So, in celebration of my faux-gheynitude, from 1994 (yes 94!):
Rush Limbaugh’s 35 Undeniable Truths
1.There is a distinct singular American culture – rugged individualism and self-reliance – which made America great.
2. The vast majority of the rich in this country did not inherit their wealth; they earned it. They are the country’s achievers, producers, and job creators.
3. No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.
4. Evidence refutes liberalism.
5. There is no such thing as a New Democrat.
6. The Earth’s eco-system is not fragile.
7. Character matters; leadership descends from character.
8. The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down.
9. Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the twentieth century.
10. The 1980s was not a decade of greed but a decade of prosperity; it was the longest period of peacetime growth in American history.
11. Abstinence prevents sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy -every time it’s tried.
12. Condoms only work during the school year.
13. Poverty is not the root (“rut”) cause of crime.
14. There’s a simple way to solve the crime problem: obey the law; punish those who do not.
15. If you commit a crime, you are guilty.
16. Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.
17. The way to improve our schools is not more money, but the reintroduction of moral and spiritual values, as well as the four “R’s”: reading, ‘riting, ‘rithmatic, and Rush.
18. I am not arrogant.
19. My first 35 Undeniable Truths are still undeniably true.
20. There is a God.
21. There is something wrong when critics say the problem with America is too much religion.
22. Morality is not defined by individual choice.
23. The only way liberals win national elections is by pretending they’re not liberals.
24. Feminism was established as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.
25. Follow the money. When somebody says, “It’s not the money,” it’s always the money.
26. Liberals attempt through judicial activism what they cannot win at the ballot box.
27. Using federal dollars as a measure, our cities have not been neglected, but poisoned with welfare dependency funds.
28. Progress is not striving for economic justice or fairness, but economic growth.
29. Liberals measure compassion by how many people are given welfare. Conservatives measure compassion by how many people no longer need it.
30. Compassion is no substitute for justice.
31. The culture war is between the winners and those who think they’re losers who want to become winners. The losers think the only way they can become winners is by banding together all the losers and then empowering a leader of the losers to make things right for them.
32. The Los Angeles riots were not caused by the Rodney King verdict. The Los Angeles riots were caused by rioters.
33. You could afford your house without your government – if it weren’t for your government.
34. Words mean things.
35. Too many Americans can’t laugh at themselves anymore.