Over the weekend my son and I took a trip up to Blockbuster for a movie and a 360 game. I had seen previews of Bioshock on the web and thought it looked good. I underestimated it’s goodness.
You are a cast-away in Rapture, an underwater Utopia torn apart by civil war. Caught between powerful forces, and hunted down by genetically modified “splicers” and deadly security systems, you have to come to grips with a deadly, mysterious world filled with powerful technology and fascinating characters. No encounter ever plays out the same, and no two gamers will play the game the same way.
Here’s just a few things you can do a foe:
* Catch his Grenades in Mid Air and Toss Them Back at Him
* Freeze Him Solid and Shatter Him with Smack of your Wrench
* Lead him and his comrades to water and Zap them all with 1000 Volts
* Burn Him Up With Home-Made Molotov Cocktails
* Booby Trap Healing Machines and Watch Them Blow up IN his Face
* Brainwash Him to Become Your Personal Body Guard
* Invent your own Ammo Types to Prey on his Vulnerabilities
* Turn his own Security System Against Him
* Light Him on Fire and Launch Heat Seeking Missiles At him
* Torment Him with Plagues of Insects
* Take Research Photos of Him to Learn his Weaknesses
* Send Him Flying into the Ceiling to Knock him Senseless
This is by far one of the best games I’ve ever played. The graphics are stunning, everything is interactive and the bad guys, and little girls, have great AI and you can kill them in so many delicious ways. Now I know all of you freaks out there are going to be yelling at your screens that, “HALFLIFE IS BETTER” and other screaming to me that you are going to give me the pwn3t treatment. I don’t care. This game is great! The music is fantastic, the sound effects are fantastic, the game play is fantastic. Go for it and tell me I’m wrong, here’s some developer video…