Home » Bailout bill
Category Archives: Bailout bill
Here is today’s version HOT OFF THE PRESS from the Senate Conservative Funds website! Or you can download it off my site by clicking the link below…
Update 10/01/08 10:01 p.m: Is anyone else as confused as I am? Wanna be more confused? It’s passed the Senate, sort of. Now it goes back to Congress where they need to vote on it again because of well… I’m so confused… Ace… take it away:
In Case You’re Wondering… No, this doesn’t mean that the bailout has now passed in both chambers. The chambers must agree too, and vote for, bills with identical provisions and language.
Obviously this bill is no longer even close to identical to what the House passed.
So now it goes back to the House, which can either pass it as it stands, or the two houses can appoint conferees to work together on a bill that can be submitted back in both houses.
Update 10/01/08 10:00 p.m: The Bailout Bill has been passed in the Senate. The full bill is at the link below this update, just scroll down to see it.
Here is how the Senate voted on the $700 billion bailout:
|YEAs — 74|
|NAYs — 25|
|Not Voting — 1|
Update 10/01/08 8:00 a.m: here is today’s version HOT OFF THE PRESS from the Senate Conservative Funds website! Or you can download it off my site by clicking the link below…
However according to Hot Air there are, you guessed it, EARMARKS INCLUDED!
New Tax earmarks in Bailout bill
- Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
- Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)
- 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)
Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill.
- Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308)
- American Samoa (Sec. 309)
- Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
- Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)
- Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
- Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
- Railroads (Sec. 316)
- Auto Racing Tracks (317)
- District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
- Wool Research (Sec. 325)
Older version below this…